Dusty Blog Syndrome

Leaving a blog unattended for a while seems to be something people do;  I'm certainly guilty of that, having left big gaps in the internet where I didn't grace it with my presence.  You can see patterns emerge looking at blog sites, and as times move, other things such as the youtubes or the instagrams or whatever the young dudes are going onto these days.  You see a burst of energy where the site is overflowing with content created with passion and care, and then some event comes along in someone's private life, or sometimes the curator is the sort where passion burns intensely until an inevitable burnout, and the posts slow to a stop.  And its a bit like running - each time you stop, it gets harder to start again.

(On a completely unrelated note: hbomberguy is back!)

Anyway, such is my situation: between 2019 and now there's been a lot of upheaval; notwithstanding the global Covid pandemic, there's also been several job changes, a major house move involving a lot of delays, land-related politics and arguments that persist a year after (and probably for some time to come), and around the same time as that, I got a major infection in my knee, with 2 weeks of intense pain and undiagnosed infection led to 2 further weeks in hospital where at one point was told I may lose the leg.  To complicate things, mum coincidentally went in on the same day with what turned out to be anemia and only came out a day earlier; thankfully the hard working people at the NHS managed to diagnose the issue and a full recovery followed.  My own personal recovery has been slow and things still aren't right (turned out to be a major case of septic arthritis and now I have about half a meniscus between two knees), but I can jog short distances once more so I'm grateful for what I can still manage.  There's a knee replacement somewhere on the horizon but for the moment I'm keeping going. 

Don't get old, kids!

No comments: