Leeds 10K 2010 Result

Well, the race is run and the results are in. Considering I did a frankly atrocious 5k on Saturday (where my legs gave out about 2k in and I walked much of the rest), the actual day went pretty well. I guess the old saying about it being alright on the night works for runs as well. I ran from start to finish (excepting a couple of bits, as described below) and best of all, the amount raised for Macmillan Cancer Support stands at a healthy £205, with some more to come!

Thanks to everyone who supported me and donated their cash.

I managed to get around with a quite respectable 1:02:32, although it pains me to think I could have done much better; not just because of the less than perfect shape I'm in at the moment, but also because of the way the race was organised on the day. in 2007 when I ran the first one, there was about 3000 people taking part. Last Sunday there was more than double that. It meant that the start was a shambles; we walked up the Leeds Headrow for a good minute before getting going due to the sheer number of people, and just before the 2k mark, the crowds had pushed the barriers into the road, causing a bottleneck of frustrated runners there too. The elusive sub-hour time still eludes me. Perhaps the Leeds Abbey Dash or somesuch will come to my rescue later in the year.

No comments: